While many fear the upcoming months and years with uncertainty of how our careers will be impacted, there is one thing that I'm confident in, that is the fact that there is always going to be change. How we react to change is the critical component. Helen Keller once said "it is a terrible thing to see and have no vision." Good news is that I'm surrounded by professionals in our organization that are not sitting waiting for something to happen, rather jumping in with both feet, gaining a new vision and saying "I Believe".
The individuals that make up MDAHU are not just brokers, consultants, employee benefit specialists, carrier representatives - they are the professionals that MDAHU represents to a community of consumers that need our assistance. We are the professionals that are protecting the consumers future. We are the professionals that can say:
• I educate the consumer so that they can make an educated decision when choosing the best plan for their needs and budget.
• My involvement in the field as a field underwriter helps me to understand what the consumer needs allowing delivery of a product that helps vs. information without expertise!
• My expertise can make a difference in how the state handles the Colorado Health Benefit Exchange alongside current and new market solutions to continue to protect the consumers future.
• My expertise will help consumers avoid pitfalls within the delivery system.
• My knowledge helps consumers and employers avoid and correct errors or mistakes that could be devastating without our help and knowledge.
...and the list goes on and on.
How are you positioned for change? Are you still on the fence looking at our industry of the past? How can you have a proactive reaction to change in the next 15 months? How can you have a new vision? Here's how - engage in your membership in MDAHU!
• Engage in our meetings.
• Engage in industry related meetings with legislators, COHBE, Colorado Division of Insurance, carrier meetings, General Agencies.
• Engage with other MDAHU professionals that share your area of expertise.
• Engage in questioning to protect the consumers future.
• Engage in small groups within MDAHU with similar related interest to advance your professional development.
• Engage in being on a MDAHU committee.
• Engage in being on the MDAHU board of directors.
With change comes the need for decisions. Your choices are to either sit back and "wait and see" what happens, or you can choose to say "I Believe" and be part of the solution to change!
I Believe in our industry and I Believe in you! Do you?